Up to date I spent more than 10 months in India (with hopefully many more to come). During that time I observed some changes in my personality. I wonder if these ten points indicate that I’m turning into an Indian. 😉
- I throw my garbage on the street.
- I refer to the river Ganges as mother.
- I start asking for commission when I bring somebody to a shop.
- I pick up the phone with «ha, bolo».
- I eat daal chawal (rice and lentils) three times a day.
- I stare at strangers without hesitation and ask them about their marital status right away.
- In winter I walk around wrapped in a blanket instead of wearing a warm jacket. And in summer I wrap a scarf around my head instead of wearing a sunhat.
- I lit the matches with a vertical move from top to down instead of a horizontal move from left to right.
- I read the newspaper in Hindi. (Reading doesn’t necessarily mean understanding ;-))
- I start wobbling with my head when I answer a question.
Read also: Am I becoming Chinese?